May 6, 1985 |
|Nationality||American / Slovak|
|Listed height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
(Oak Park, Illinois)
|2007–2008||New Wash Montigarda|
|2009–2012||Good Angels Košice|
Erin Lawless (born May 6, 1985), also known as Erin Lawlessová, is an American born-Slovak women's basketball player. She played for Slovakia at EuroBasket Women 2011, where she was her nation's top scorer. She played club basketball in Italy, Slovakia, Russia, Turkey and Belgium between 2007 and 2015, before returning to the United States.
Lawless played basketball in Italy's Serie A1 with New Wash Montigarda in the 2007–08 season, leading the team in scoring. She then signed with the Indiana Fever of the WNBA in early 2008, making it her second training camp with the team.
Lawless subsequently moved to Slovakia to play in the Slovak Women's Basketball Extraliga for Prešov and then Good Angels Košice. In 2010 she received Slovak citizenship, enabling her to represent Slovakia in international competition, despite not being able to speak the Slovak language. She played three matches for Slovakia at EuroBasket Women 2011, leading the individual scoring with a total of 34 points. Slovakia won one and lost two matches in the group stage, ending their tournament.
After spending some time in the Russian league with Dynamo Kursk, Lawless joined Turkish side Ceyhan in 2013. In September 2014 Lawless joined Belgian side BC Namur-Capitale, but fractured her thumb shortly after her arrival. Her contract with Namur was terminated in February 2015, with Lawless pregnant, and she returned to the United States.
- "Women's basketball team recruits stars". purdueexponent.org. November 14, 2002. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- "Fever Q&A With Erin Lawless". wnba.com. April 22, 2008. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- "Fever signs former Boilermaker Lawless". Associated Press. March 4, 2008. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- Volčko, Vladimír (September 27, 2009). "Z Chicaga do Košíc" [From Chicago to Košice]. tyzden.sk (in Slovak). Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- Grondžel, Marek (June 14, 2012). "Proti Belgicku aj s Erin Lawlessovou". zoznam.sk (in Slovak). Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- Mašľany, Michal (June 18, 2011). "Po slovensky nevie, ale reprezentáciu berie ako česť" [She doesn't know Slovak, but she takes the national team as an honor]. pravda.sk (in Slovak). Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- "Najlepšou strelkyňou Slovenska Lawlessová" [Lawless – the top scorer of Slovakia]. zoznam.sk (in Slovak). June 20, 2011. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- "Slovak Republic 35 – Erin Lawless". FIBA. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- "Ceyhan Belediyesi Erin Lawless'la anlaştı". hurriyet.com.tr (in Turkish). May 31, 2015. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- "Basket: la poisse pour le Belfius Namur, Erin Lawless se blesse déjà" [Basketball: Bad luck for Belfius Namur, Erin Lawless is injured already]. sudinfo.be (in French). September 12, 2014. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- "Lawless est virée parce qu'elle est tombée enceinte" [Lawless is fired because she has fallen pregnant]. sudinfo.be (in French). February 9, 2015. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- Profile at purduesports.com